- GoldMine Premium 2018.1.0.261
- GoldMine Connect 2018.1.0.184
What’s New in GoldMine 2018.1
Includes all functionalities added after GoldMine 2017.1 and any added in the 2017.1 Hot Fixes.
- New customization controls for the User > Settings > Contact Details area:
- Hide/show/change the order of sections:
- Pending emails and email history: One must always be visible.
- Other information: Details, additional contacts, opportunities, cases, links, and notes.
- Changes are automatically saved for viewing on iOS devices as well.
- Hide/show/change the order of sections:
- Contact detail settings are configured per user and are saved in the LocalStorage of supported browsers (user_CustomConfig) and the database ENVIRONMENT table (new record type “W“).
Link email messages to GoldMine contacts
- New ability to link email messages to a contact (similar in functionality to GoldMine Link):
- Search for a contact, or create a new one, and link an email message to it.
- Link an email message to a suggested contact.
- Unlink an email message from a contact.
- Relink an email message to a contact.
- Move an email address from one contact and associate it with another contact.
GoldMine Link for Microsoft Outlook
Link draft email messages to GoldMine contacts
- New ability to link emails while composing them in the Outlook draft folder.
GoldMine templates for emails
- New ability to use GoldMine PE-defined document templates within Outlook as part of the message or as an attachment.
Search for a contact via email address
- The Search Contact field is now auto-populated with a contact’s email information.
- New ability to view a contact in GoldMine before linking (suggested contact and search results).
Goldmine Premium Edition
Overall visual updates, applied to as many areas of PE as possible
In the Tools > Options > System tab, a new ability for the administrator to:
- Change background color scheme of the PE user interface.
- Change font face/size used in the PE user interface.
Constant Contact integration upgrades
- New ability to upload a group from PE and associate it to a new or existing Constant Contact email list:
- Contacts must have an associated email address to be uploaded.
- This functionality exists in two places—the Group Configuration screen and Constant Contact Campaigns screen.
- New ability to display details of a Constant Contact campaign:
- In the Constant Contact Screen of PE, double-click a specific campaign to view details such as email and click-through statistics.
- New ability to view hyperlinks that a contact has clicked on a campaign:
- In the History tab of a contact, select a click action. In the Preview pane, view hyperlink(s) the contact has clicked.
What’s Fixed in GoldMine 2018.1
Includes issues that were addressed after GoldMine 2017.1 and issues fixed in the 2017.1 Hot Fixes.
- 254339 When setting up email rules, a warning message states that it’s possible to carbon copy as a rule, but there is no CC or BCC rule possible.
- 235057 GM Web graphical calendar day/dates not responsive enough on small devices; they are partly overlapping each other.
- 248871 WebImport does not update Contact2 records when a LOOKUP.INI is in place and one of the WebImport fields is numeric (XML format).
- 253620 Outlook Link – Being able to manually link an email when writing and then send it – like in Outlook Integration Plus via the GoldMine pane when creating an email.
- 238987 Emails are duplicated when using retrieving emails. The middle part of the Mail ID changes itself; therefore, GoldMine cannot identify that the email is already in.
- 209886 Only the 50 most recent campaigns at time of retrieval into GoldMine are available on the Constant Contact tab.
- 252734 Renaming a GM+ View template strips the HTML code from the template, causing the View to stop working.
- 248856 HTML-formatted emails created and sent from Constant Contact are not displaying formatting properly when downloaded to GoldMine.
- 215927 Ability to view which hyperlinks have been clicked when using the Constant Contact integration.
- 217356 Create a new Constant Contact details window that displays the details related to the selected campaign.
- 253365 When saving an email with special characters as a draft or outbox for later editing and sending, the special characters are destroyed.
- 253423 Using GM Outlook Link “View in GoldMine” resizes GoldMine to full screen.
- 253336 When a username has a special character (e.g., in Danish or German) and emails are sent, the name’s special characters are destroyed.
- 253496 Outlook Link – Having a hyperlink for View Contact only on the value and not complete row when searching for a contact record.
- 253528 Outlook Link – Being able to search for email address when linking an email and searching for a contact.
- 253523 Outlook Link – When Link Email offers all contact records in a list containing any of the related email addresses (this helps when the user is in a B2B communicating to end customers
- 253500 Outlook Link Configuration – Having a default option set and saved for adding or not adding the email address when searching for a contact record within Outlook in PE.
- 253774 When you select a contact on the screen, it would be nice if you could double-click to link. The Link button could also be the default button so when you press Enter, it would link the contact.
- 253823 Outlook Link – Not recognizing email addresses that don’t have a contact’s name from the record (E-mail Addresses Window > Contact’s name) and therefore auto-linking such emails fails and when manually linking getting message No Contact …
- 253897 Server error – An error has occurred on the server please contact your system administrator – When clicking Refine in GoldMine Connect and selecting a custom screen and selecting the field comments >> Select (any operator) …
- 253863 History tab filter exclusion breaking corrupting user.ini FILTERCONDITION= entry.
- 237160 Grid filters in Pending/History tab (most likely everywhere grid filters can be set) do not work consistently when the filter value has an ‘ (apostrophe).
- 240605 When manually copying an Outlook email to GoldMine from within E-Mail Center, the special characters are changed and corrupted.
- 215271 When replying to an email, inline images do not show in the reply and the email is changed to content type: css/text.
- 165979 With IE 9-11, cursor not visible in Reference when scheduling activity.
- 249609 Follow-up on RM 214724 – In certain cases, a customer is recognized only on replies; German characters are still destroyed.
- 232562 When a contact name has an apostrophe and several e-mail addresses are linked to this contact record, trying to add the contact as a recipient to an email will automatically take all related email addresses instead of offering the selection dialog box.
- 252667 GM Web – Revoked Opportunities, Activities, or Calendar rights will remove tabs in GoldMine Web (ACTIVITIES, OPPORTUNITIES, CASES) but the Home dashboard still shows My Activities, Recent Opportunities/Cases.
- 156252 Duplicate screen tab names appear when you customize the screen tab names.
- 250662 Unable to log into Constant Contact via GoldMine to set up or create new campaigns.
- 252773 Even if the “Save attachments as linked documents” setting is unchecked, the new GoldMine Link for Outlook does NOT honor the setting in Tools > Options > E-Mail > More Options > Retrieval.
- 252777 A newer version of Microsoft Outlook is needed for the plug-in to be installed. The GoldMine Link for Microsoft Outlook will not be installed.
- 239832 Image attachments in emails sent from iOS devices add what appears to be header information to the attachment extension when downloaded into GoldMine.
- 246648 API assistance request – customer getting an error – object reference not set to an instance of an object on inserting data and retrieving data via API.
- 234347 Setting custom filters on any grids (e.g., History and Pending tabs, and most likely other grids as well) for blank values will result in inconsistent and wrong results.
- 223755 After setting the encoding for sending an email in GoldMine, Exchange shows the proper name of the retrieved email as =?iso 8859-1?B?MQ==?=.
- 252928 Error editing or viewing activities in GM Web – “Server error: error in activity controller action: get activity F2 metadata”
- 206519 After creating custom tabs and then moving their position, the tab list duplicates the custom tabs created.
- 238991 When the message ID contains an apostrophe, the email will be downloaded repeatedly.
- 230409 Setting a filter on a tab with a lot of records (e.g., History by Contact), then sorting the results by date, will result in a blank window as no records ‘match’ the criteria.
- 253026 Privilege errors when Outlook Link is installed, although both applications are started as the same user with the new Outlook Link.
- 253121 Since upgrading to HF1 of the GM Link, an exception is thrown when new emails are auto-linked where this is a Link Exclusion set.
- 247943 Expanded notes windows appear when the activity-related fields (for example CAL>REF or CONTHIST>RESULTCODE) have a context-dependent F2 Lookup, and you try and open the specific field from an activity.
- 230812 Setting a filter (not grid filter but via Options) on a tab with a lot of records (e.g., with a certain reference) and scrolling down to get more results, the existing results will be visually duplicated repeatedly, and no real further results if a
- 253173 GM Web – An error has occurred on the server. Please contact your system administrator when clicking the Refine button for an advanced search.
- 252893 Provide better logging or information about possible HRESULT exception meanings, as they cannot be identified via Google.
- 247237 The Save as Group feature within the Contact Search Center allows curtained records to be added to a group.
- 232875 Constant Contact campaigns occasionally display as duplicated in the Campaigns grid. This can happen when 2 different users are logging into the same Constant Contact account but also in other instances.
- 217215 Replying to email with an apostrophe and a comma in the alias will cause an error stating that the email address is not linked.
- 247469 Build a Group contains unexpectedly curtained contact records – group building does not respect record ownership and curtaining.
- 253146 Unable to open email attachments from Pending Email (email in the GoldMine Inbox).
- 253181 GM Web – An error has occurred on the server. Please contact your system administrator when clicking the Refine button for an advanced search.
- 253262 Unable to set the GMGoogleSync configuration, error when trying to access http://localhost/goldmine/configuration – Server error in ‘Goldmine/Configuration’ application.
- 253430 If a non-master user has the Add New option unchecked under the Access Tab of Tools > User Settings > Properties, they can’t edit a contact record in GM Web, even if they are the owner of the contact record.
- 253476 Outlook Link – When searching for contacts, clicking the found name immediately opens GoldMine. This is inconvenient and should require a double-click.
- 253292 Clone a primary field view in Record Types Admin. Whatever name is chosen brings up a “This name is already in use” error.
- 253836 Special characters (e.g., French) are destroyed when saving an email template and when sending such an email to a contact.
- 254172 Change default action when linking an email to a different contact. Currently, the default option is “YES,” but the preferred and least destructive default should be “NO.”
- 254487 GM Web hangs on the landing page and when opening a contact record for an extended period before showing results.